The Most Efficient 8 Steps to Nursing in America [INFOGRAPHIC]
If you are a nurse reading this article, then you've come to the right place.
We will provide you with a no-fuss, no nonsense answer to the age-old question - "How do i get to the USA?"
Want to know how?
Below, you could see a simple infographic of your potential US employer, Latitude 36, who works with us in the recruitment and placement of qualified Filipino nurses to large hospitals across America including hospitals within the HCA Healthcare group USA, which ranks 247th in Forbes World’s Largest Public Companies 2019 and ranks in 3 states’ America’s Best Employers by State 2019.
To explain more clearly, we took the time to describe each step in the infographic so that your heart is full:
1. Interview & Signing of Contract to become a Latitude 36 Nurse upon passing
- UNISTAFF distribute contracts for nurse signing
- Nurse to send back signed copy within 1 week
Note: Latitude 36 Interviews and selects NCLEX passed nurses
If you have not secured the NCLEX yet, please see instructions below:
- Apply to CGFNS: (www.cgfns.org)
- Order the Credentials Evaluation Service Professional Report - CES. This Service will require Submission of Secondary School Diploma (High School) copy only/License Validations/Professional Education (Academic Transcripts)/Passing IELTS Scores
- If nurse has CGFNS Certificate through the Qualifying Exam, the nurse does not need a CES report and should apply to Illinois Board of Nursing (note: this is not common)
- Apply to State Board (https://www.ncsbn.org/boards.htm)
- Apply to any one of the following boards and submit the required documents (Minnesota/Michigan/Illinois/Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands(Saipan)
- Register and Sit for the NCLEX -RN EXAM
- Register for the NCLEX with Pearson VUE
- Receive NCLEX Registration Acknowledgement email from Perason VUE
- The State Board of Nursing makes you eligible in the Pearson VUE system
- Receive Authorization to Test (ATT) email from Pearson VUE
- Schedule exam with Pearson VUE
2. English Language Review and Testing (Process runs parallel with Step 3)
- IELTS - Required to Pass an English Exam - IELTS - Academic Module (Minimum score required: 7 in Speaking; 6.5 Overall Band Score)
3. Immigration Processing
- Visa Screen Certificate
- Apply to: www.cgfns.org and submit the required Documents
- Filing of EB3
- Submission of Documents for I-140 Filing. Signing of 9089 Form
- Receive receipt notice acknowledge from USCIS
- Receive Approval Notice of Immigrant Petition from USCIS
- Pre-Deployment Requirements Checklist will be completed by the Candidate as per the Employer/Petitioner. This Includes; Medical Exam at St. Luke's Medical Center
4. U.S. Hospital Skype/ Whatsapp interview and selection
- Latitude 36 provides a minimum of 2 Skype Interview Prep sessions with each nurse, preparing nurses for a successful hospital interview.
- Nurse will interview with the U.S. hospital via Skype
- Nuse selection by one of the many big hospitals that Latitude36 works with. One notable client of Latitude36 is the H.C.A., which is one of the largest hospital groups in the USA operating 185 hospitals.
- Nurse will know the hospital they’ll be working in, the US State they will go to, their salary range depending on state’s prevailing wage under the U.S. Dept. of Labor (typically around $25-$30 per hr).
5. State Endorsement, Embassy Interview and Receipt of Visa
- Endorsement finalization for the US State of Deployment
- Nurse completion of pre-deployment requirements checklist
- Nurse to receive embassy packet for embassy Interview
- Attend pre-interview briefing
- Receipt of Visa stamp 5 days after interview
6. Deployment Preparation
- Arrangement of airline booking
- Nurse attends pre-deployment briefing c/o Unistaff
7. ARRIVAL IN THE U.S.A.
- Latitude36 to welcome Nurse upon arrival
8. Onboarding and Orientation by Latitude 36
- Latitude36 will facilitate an orientation for an easy adjustment
- Will arrange accommodation and benefits stated in the employment contract
Given these privileges, are you still one of those Nurses who are holding back to take the chance in fulfilling your US dream? If not, then your UNIfam is willing to help and guide you in achieving your #CareerGoals in the U.S!
Subscribe with us:
If you already have NCLEX and IELTS, apply with us and get interviewed immediately through Skype upon successful pre-screening.