• Follow the given steps in implementing truck repair bay procedures and activities to ensure efficient and effective repair of customers vehicles.
• Operate repair bay equipment like the pneumatic lifts and skimming machines, AC gas, Vehicle care service units among others and ensure that such equipment are calibrated periodically and are in good working conditions thereby ensuring continued operational suitability.
• Perform mechanical and electrical repair on chassis suspension and gear jobs ensuring conformance to repair requirements of customers including changing of brake pads, brake shoes, spark plugs, fuel filter, gear filter, thermostat, brake cylinders, polishing of disks, engine mounting, timing belts, hose pipes, fans, belts, shock absorber, antenna, mirrors among others.
• Perform mechanical and electrical repair on engine including axle boots and rods, coolant box, joint shaft, filling of AC gas, fuses and bulbs ensuring conformance to repair requirements of customers based on established procedure and automotive repair best practices and manual.
• Perform various trouble shooting on customers’ vehicle for problems identified with repairs connection and steering controls.
• Ensure safety checks of vehicles are in place before conducting repair and communicate with customer’s status of vehicles, including the different repair options available.
• Handle stock takes on periodical basis and conduct investigations as required for overage or shortage to share appropriate updates with the Area Supervisors.
• Conduct daily verification of the control sheets and sales meter readings of repair bay sales
• Technical Diploma or any technical background in truck/heavy vehicle dealership.
• 2-4 years in a similar profile in a service station
Job Specific Skills:
• Organising Skills
• Reporting and Communications skills
• Good coordination skills
• Attention to details
• Information collection skills
• Good knowledge of truck mechanical & electrical/AC works
• Physically fit and active to move stock and perform cleaning tasks