Chief Technologist Neurophysiology (continuous video EEG monitoring) is an experienced electroencephalographic technologist who is in charge of EEG and video EEG monitoring and performs, organizes and overviews the activities of the Senior EEG technologist with regard to this procedure.
• Head of Neurophysiology
1. Performs, organizes and overviews ambulatory EEG and digital video EEG recordings including neonatal, ICUs, and other related recordings
2. Obtain patient medical history to include neurologic symptomatology and medications;
3. Able to operate and instruct the use of EEG instruments and digital computerized video EEG instruments
4. Apply scalp and chest electrodes as required by utilizing appropriate EEG established system to ensure compliance with applicable standards
5. Advise patient and family members on administered test
6. Monitor and adjust equipment to ensure optimal recordings procedures
7. Assess and document video EEG recordings
8. Participates in review of long term video EEG monitoring to include monitoring, documenting and other related recorded items for physician review
9. Implement basic infection control procedures to ensure compliance
10. Assure equipment and instruments are sanitized and working properly
11. Reports equipment problems and make minor adjustment and repair of the equipment
12. Enter various data into computer; verify data, make corrections and ensure accuracy; maintain a variety of patient logs to include archiving of EEG and video EEG
13. Perform cortical grid electrode cable mapping, montage programming and recording of Grid patients under the direction of attending Neurophysiologist Assist attending physician with cerebral cortex sensory motor strip area cases recordings
14. Prepare and maintain a variety of reports, and analyze and interpret reports as required
15. Prepare, present and disseminate information to lower level staff, nurses, physicians and medical students
16. Serve as technical lead over lower level staff as required; may assist in the training of residents and medical students
17. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
18. Responding to the medical emergencies such as convulsive seizures
19. Able to do any further duties as requested.
20. Care the patient’s basic needs and cleaning patient after procedure
6 Years in Neurophysiology specialty .